Floor transitions with a rise greater than 1/2″ must be treated for safety and disability access. Many contractors will construct reducers made of wood in order to manage the problem. SafePath’s durable rubber floor reducers – the largest pre-fabricated reducers in the industry – are designed to eliminate some of the difficulties associated with wood. High-density rubber reducers have a number of important advantages:
* ADA compliance. Constructing a wood reducer that meets or exceeds ADA slope requirements can be tricky. This is especially true at the lower lip or thin edge of the reducer, where the wood is most likely to crack. SafePath’s rubber reducers are guaranteed a slope of 8.33 percent or better with a lip no larger than 3/16 of an inch.
* Expansion and contraction. Wood expands and contracts with temperature and humidity, often creating gaps and buckles in flooring situations. Wood floor reducers must incorporate some stability mechanism to minimize the effects of this phenomenon. Durable rubber is inherently stable and will not create gaps, buckles, or splits.
* Slip resistance. Wood reducers can be slippery and must be treated for slip-resistance. SafePath’s rubber reducers are inherently slip-resistant with a SCOF (static coefficient of friction) rating of 9.4 out of 10.
* Weight load limit. Wood reducers are more easily damaged by excessive weight and heavy equipment. SafePath’s high density rubber has no load limit and is capable of surviving substantial abuse.
* Cost and affordability. Wood is expensive. The expertise and labor required to build ADA-compliant floor reducers on site can be still more expensive. A pre-fabricated, code-compliant, easy to install product can save you money.
CourtEdge products are offered in standard lengths and heights. The width of each segment is determined by the height so that the slope of the transition confirms to ADA speciations.
Transition segments are installed edge to edge along any portion of the court surface where it is required. Individual segments can be easily cut to fit your sport court’s dimensions. Mitered cuts are used to create perfectly shaped corners.
CourtEdge Transition Ramp Reducers are made from recycled rubber that is molded under thousands of pounds of pressure. The result is an extremely durable product with no load restrictions.
This product can be used indoors or outdoors and is designed for all-weather applications in any climate zone. CourtEdge reducers will never freeze, crack or splinter.